Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Wii U Unboxing

On the outside I was calm. Shocked, and very grateful, but calm. On the inside, I was like the screaming N64 siblings from the '90s. Okay, perhaps not that explosive. But I was very excited once my brother and I unwrapped that gift from my parents - A Wii U Deluxe Mario & Luigi Bundle.

Sure, I may be a little late to the party, considering that the Wii U has been out for over a year now, but I'd like to share my unboxing of the system with those of you who have yet to get your own.



The Packaging

The Back of the Box
After tearing back the wrapping paper, I was left with the box you see to the right. Inside was a black Nintendo Wii U, the 32 GB Deluxe set system, along with an equally shiny black Wii U game pad.

The system came packaged with all the important wiring including its own HDMI cable for high definition gaming, a charging dock for the Wii U game pad, and of course the included game disc. The deluxe set also comes with extra stands - two that allow the Wii U to sit vertically (like the Wii did) and a non-charging stand for the game pad.

If you're looking to get one for yourself, try looking here on amazon.

The Experience

The Mario & Luigi Deluxe Set comes packaged with a bundle copy of New Super Mario Bros. U as well as as the DLC expansion, New Super Luigi U, both on one disc. After hooking everything up, I immediate went to setting up the internet connection and performing the day one update. This one was infamous since the system's launch for taking a while but I didn't mind it too much. After that I went to create my Nintendo ID. Considering that it was Christmas time, it's no surprise that the eShop and other services from the big N were slow but I eventually was able to get everything in order and start gaming.


The game pad is a great controller and since the Wii U is compatible with Wii-motes, I instantly had plenty of controllers for Co-Op gaming on NSMBU.

For those of you interested in my opinions of New Super Mario Bros. U, stay tuned here and on The Geek Generation.com where my review of the game will soon be posted.

And see below for some other images. Enjoy!


The Game Disc

Side by side comparison

No comments:

Post a Comment